AANS/CNS Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Rules & Regulations
> Article II
To advance spine and peripheral nerve patient care through education, research and advocacy
Objectives & Functions
The objectives of this Section shall be:
- To foster the use of spinal neurosurgical methods for the treatment of diseases of the spinal neural elements, the spine and peripheral nerves.
- To advance spinal neurosurgery and related sciences, to improve patient care, to support meaningful basic and clinical research, to provide leadership in undergraduate and graduate continuing education, and to promote administrative facilities necessary to achieve these goals.
The function of this Section shall be:
- To provide a forum for education and research on basic form and function of the spinal neural elements and spine toward the improvement of spinal neurosurgical procedures that alleviate human disease and suffering through treatment of the spinal disorders. Within such consideration will be the surgical procedures used in the treatment of congenital-developmental, traumatic, neoplastic, degenerative, vascular, infectious-inflammatory, and toxic metabolic diseases of the spinal neural elements, the spine and peripheral nerves.
- To cultivate and provide leadership in promoting excellence in the quality of spinal and peripheral nerve neurosurgery.
- To coordinate activities and programs relating to the spinal neural elements, the spine and peripheral nerves for the parent organizations and other societies, committees, and agencies.
- . To represent the parent organizations, at their discretion, at any organizations or group on matters relating to the spinal neural elements, the spine and peripheral nerves.
- To advise the parent organizations of activities which relate to diseases and surgery of the spinal neural elements, the spine and peripheral nerves by other individuals, groups, and/or agencies.